All terms used in this document have been defined in Abilect’s Terms and Conditions. The terms of this policy are in accordance with the current laws and regulations of the countries of the European Union and Switzerland, including but not limited to the laws and regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Personal data we collect
- Sensitive personal data we collect
- Use of personal data: Why do we collect the above-mentioned data?
- Sharing your personal data
- Third Party Providers
- Your rights
- Data Protection Officer and Contact information
Personal data we collect
- Through this policy, we show our commitment to safeguarding the privacy of Abilect Users.
- This policy applies in situations where was act as the manager, controller and/or processor of data with respect to the personal information that is provided to us by our users. We determine the purposes and means of processing that personal data.
- The Abilect platform uses privacy controls which direct how we process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can choose the extent to which you would like to allow us to communicate with you and use your personal information.
Sensitive personal data we collect
- If you are simply browsing the Abilect Platform i.e. you are not a registered user, we collect basic information:
- Browser type
- Language preference
- Referring site
- Additional websites requested and the date and time of each visitor request
- We may also collect personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Abilect Platform.
- The above information is what most websites collect from those who are browsing but not interacting with our platform.
- If you are a registered user, we collect the following personal information from you:
- First Name, Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Address (street, house number, zip code, state and country)
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Payment Details (credit card details for customers, bank details for service providers – the use and processing of this data is elaborated in our Payment Policy)
- The below information is collected solely from Service Providers in order to guarantee quality of service and safety for our customers
- Highest level of qualification as applicable (CFC, Brevet, etc)
- Copy of national identification document(s)
- Copy of Third-Party Insurance
- Copy of Criminal Record as applicable
- Copy of qualification document (CFC, Brevet, etc) as applicable
- Extract of the commercial register
- Brief description of the service(s) offered
- Abilect collects information/data generated through your use of the Abilect Platform relevant to the services you use and how you use them.
- Abilect collects information pertaining to your interactions with the Abilect Platform, including but not limited to any bookings made and any other actions related to your use of the Abilect Platform.
- When using certain features of the Abilect Platform, Abilect may collect different types of information about your general location or more specific location information.
- Abilect may also, as needed, collect information from Third Parties if we are given reason to verify the information users have provided us. For example, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Abilect may obtain reports regarding individual background checks or criminal records. We may use your information including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
Use of personal data: Why do we collect the above-mentioned data?
- We do not collect or process any of the following data:
- Race / ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious / philosophical beliefs
- Trade Union memberships
- Genetic / biometric data
- Health / mortality
- Sex life / sexual orientation
- In the event that we are obliged to collect or process any of the above information by law in the event of legal proceedings, we will notify the user involved and proceed with the required actions.
Sharing your personal data
- Any use, processing or storage of User data is done with the sole objective of
- Providing, understanding, improving and developing the Abilect Platform which includes
- Creating and maintaining a trusted and safe online environment
- Providing customized user experiences and enhancing our advertising and marketing
- Monitoring and protecting the security of the platform
- Guaranteeing the legitimacy of any and all transactions that take place via the Abilect Platform
- Protecting our users against suspicious or fraudulent activities, as well as identifying violations of our policies
- Protecting our legal rights, interests and the interests of others. We may use your information if requested by a court of law in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and audit functions, as well as disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business
- We use the information provided by you and information pertaining to the way in which you interact with our Platform, so long as you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the services of our platform with your permission.
- Our legal basis for processing data:
- Our users have given consent to the processing by checking the box “I have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions and Payment and Privacy Policies of the Abilect Platform”.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of the contract between the users of our platform and us, whereby we provide the intermediary services required to meet your needs. We would need your data in order to effectively operate our customer support division.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is necessary to protect the data subject’s vital interests
- Processing is necessary in order to protect a public interest or exercise official authority
- Processing is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests, so long as fundamental rights and freedoms are not infringed
- The automated use of your data occurs during the service booking process, whereby we use the information provided by you with regards to your address in order to locate the service providers closest to you for the service required. In doing so, we are able to more effectively and successfully address your need at the earliest possible time.
Third Party Providers
- With your consent, we can share your information as requested or directed by you.
- We may also share information to facilitate the reservation and confirmation of bookings:
- When a Client submits a booking request, the following information provided by you for your Abilect Client Account is shared with the Service Provider:
- Full name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- At the time of the booking request, the following information about the Service Provider is shared with the Client:
- Full name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Company Name if applicable
- Ratings and Reviews
- No billing or payment information is shared with Members.
- Through the Abilect Platform, Members are at the liberty to publish the following information that will be visible to the general public:
- Any ratings and reviews published for Service Providers by Clients will be visible to the general public.
- Please note that Abilect reserves the right to screen any reviews and remove from the Abilect Platform any that are deemed offensive, inappropriate or discriminatory in any capacity.
- Abilect reserves the right to disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities as well as authorized third parties, if and when we are required by law, and to the extent to which we are required to do so.
- Conditions under which we would be required by law to disclose Members’ information provided on their Accounts are:
- To comply with legal proceedings;
- To respond to claims asserted against Abilect;
- To respond to verified requests concerning a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Abilect Member to legal liability;
- To facilitate the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions and related policies;
- To facilitate fraud investigation and prevention, risk assessment, customer support, product development and debugging purposes;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of Abilect, its employees, its Members or the general public.
- Should Abilect be required to disclose Member information on the grounds of the above-stated conditions, we will attempt to notify Members about these requests unless
- We are specifically prohibited by the legal process, by the court order received, or by applicable law to do so;
- We believe that providing information regarding any disclosure of information may be ineffective or futile, create or increase the risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, create or increase the risk of fraud upon Abilect’s property, its Members and the Abilect Platform.
- The sharing and disclosure of Member information to corporate third parties may also occur as a result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, bankruptcy or insolvency event. Should such an event arise, we will notify you before the sharing and disclosure of your personal information.
- Abilect may sometimes share your information between our various branch locations. When you use the Abilect Platform, you are authorizing us to access, transfer, store and process your information in your resident country as well as potentially Abilect’s other resident countries.
- Abilect further uses Google Analytics for the analysis of the data that is processed and managed by the Platform.
- As a user of the Abilect Platform, you are entitled to the following rights as per the regulations of the GDPR:
- The right to be informed: you have the right to know and request explanations as to the processing and management of your data i.e. what data is being used, how is it being used, with whom is it being shared
- The right of access: you have the right to know and request explanations and/or clarifications as to what data is being held by the Abilect Platform
- The right to rectification: you have the right to correct and modify your data, if what has been provided and is currently being held and used by the Abilect Platform is incorrect in any way. You can modify your data by either contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by accessing the settings of your user dashboard (more information in FAQ).
- The right to erasure, also known as the right to be forgotten: you have the right to request the Abilect Platform to delete your personal data from our website and mobile applications. This applies when your personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or if your personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing: as a user of the Abilect Platform, you have the right to request us to temporarily halt the processing and use of your personal data, for example, in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability: as a user of the Abilect Platform, you have the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Abilect Platform by yourself, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and in a machine-readable format.
- The right to object: as a user of the Abilect Platform, you have the right to object to further processing of your data which is not in line with the primary purpose for which it was collected. This includes but is not limited to profiling, automation and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: as a user of the Abilect Platform, you have the right to refuse to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- You can exercise the above stated rights at any time by contacting email@example.com with your full name, the email associated with your account, the type of account you operate on our platform (customer or service provider) and your country of residence.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a strong of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies come in two forms: persistent or session. Persistent cookies are stored by a web browser and remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date. Session cookies expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies generally do not contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that is stored may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Our users can contact us at any time via any of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +41526431300
- Post: Rue de Rive 28, 1260 Nyon, Vaud, Switzerland
- Our Data Protection Officer is Kresh Sàrl, Chemin des Chalets 9, 1279 Chavannes-de-Bogis, Vaud, Switzerland. Kresh provides consultancy services for Abilect that include but are not limited to managerial, operational and legal advice.
- Should you disagree with the modifications made or should you in anyway find the new Private Policy unsatisfactory, you reserve the right to terminate your relationship with Abilect by deactivating your Account. Abilect will inform you of this right in the notification email regarding any changes being made to this Policy.
- If you fail to deactivate your Account before the Policy is effectively also applied to you, your continued use of the Abilect Platform will be subject to the updated Policy.
- Following any modifications, Abilect will update the “Last Updated” date included towards the top of this document.
Abilect apps coming soon!