Please carefully read this Payment Policy. It contains information pertinent to your payments via the Abilect platform. By using the Abilect platform, you represent and warrant that you agree to comply with and be bound by this policy.
All terms used in this document have been defined in Abilect’s Terms and Conditions. The current laws and regulations of the countries of the European Union and Switzerland apply to this payment policy.
Last updated: 29 January 2019
Processing payments with your Abilect account
- Processing payments with your Abilect account
- Modifications to the Payment Policy
- Pricing and fees
- Payment terms for Customers on Abilect
- Payment terms for Service Providers on Abilect
- Refunds and Cancellations
- Legal Disclaimer
Modifications to the Payment Policy
- Abilect provides our users with payment services for transactions that are conducted through the Abilect Platform.
- Abilect reserves the right to restrict or temporarily suspend the availability of its Payment Services in the interest of implementing maintenance measures to enhance the functioning of these services. Members will be notified of any such restriction 7 days prior to the day of restricted access.
- The Abilect Platform also facilitates the recording and referencing of important booking details.
- The Abilect Platform ensures that your payment and private information is protected from fraud and other security issues.
- Should you receive an email, text, notification or any other form of communication respecting your use of the Abilect Platform that you suspect has not been sent to you by Abilect, please report this to us immediately.
- In the event of any payment dispute, the service provider and customer are required to contact Abilect with details of the dispute, in order to allow us to coordinate with the information available to us on our end and thereby recommend the best course of action. Abilect will in no case be involved in any legal capacity on behalf of any user of our platform. Abilect reserves the right to serve as a neutral, intermediary platform.
Pricing and fees
- Abilect reserves the right to effect changes to this policy. Members will be notified of any such changes 30 days prior to the day the modifications are out into effect. The new policy will be effective for Users joining following any modifications. For Abilect Users with Accounts prior to the modifications, the terms will become effective 30 days following the implementation of any such modifications.
- Should you disagree with the modifications made or should you in anyway find the new Payment Policy unsatisfactory, you reserve the right to terminate your relationship with Abilect by requesting for the deactivation of your Abilect Account. Abilect will inform you of this right in the notification email regarding upcoming modifications to our policy.
- If you fail to request for an account deactivation before the Policy is effectively also applied to you, your continued use of the Abilect Platform will be subject to the updated Policy.
- Following any modifications, Abilect will update the “Last Updated” date included towards the top of this document.
Payment terms for Customers on Abilect
Regarding making Payments
- When contracting a service provider, the service provider will send you a quotation indicating the work to be completed and the fees that will be charged. Should this be to your satisfaction, you may choose to confirm the quotation and begin the transaction process.
- At the end of the transaction process, the service provider will confirm the completion of the service by sending you an invoice. The invoice will also include the deadline by which the payment is to be made.
- The fees you are charged for a completed appointment with a Service Provider is determined solely by the Service Provider in question. Abilect does not set the fees that are charged to our customers.
- The service provider reserves the right to request an advance payment for his/her services.
- Other costs that may be applied include:
- Value Added Tax: This applies primarily to the residents of the European Union, Switzerland and Norway.
Regarding accepted payment methods
- When you are making a payment via Abilect, you are paying for a service rendered to you by a Service Provider, confirmed by the invoice that the Service Provider in question sends to you.
- Abilect does not ask for your credit card details (which is what is used to make payments on our platform) at the time of registration. You will be required to provide your credit card details at the time payment is due to a Service Provider. Alternatively, you may provide your credit card details when you are completing your profile via the Abilect Customer Dashboard.
- Your provided payment method will only be charged once the Service Provider confirms completion of the requested service by sending you an invoice. You will receive notifications of the invoice via the email provided on your Abilect Profile, as well as by push notifications on your mobile device.
- The currency in which you pay is determined by your payment method and/or your country of residence. You do not have the option of manually choosing what currency you will use to pay. The currency in which you will be charged will be clearly displayed when you make your booking request.
- You must make the payment due by the deadline indicated on the invoice sent to you. Abilect reserves the right to suspend and/or prevent a customer’s use of the Abilect platform should there be repeated delays in payment or unreconciled overdue charges.
Regarding a customer’s payment information
- Major credit cards and pre-paid credit cards
- Many debit cards that can be processed as credit
Payment terms for Abilect Service Providers
- You reserve the right to either enter your payment information every time you pay for a service rendered by a Service Provider or save your chosen payment method(s) on your Abilect Account, setting it as the default payment method for every booking made through the Abilect platform.
- Should you choose to save your payment method(s) on your Abilect Account, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Billing address
- Financial instrument information
- By providing your payment information to Abilect, you are authorising Abilect to store this information and charge your chosen payment method(s) as described in the policy.
- When entering any information pertinent to your chosen payment method(s), you represent and warrant that the information provided is accurate, current and complete. You reserve the sole responsibility for keeping your payment information up-to-date at all times.
- Your payment information is charged only for the booking made when you confirm payment for a service completed.
- You reserve the right to change your provided payment information at any time by editing your Account settings.
- You are permitted to add several credit cards to your Account. At the time of a booking, you will be provided with the option to choose from your provided credit cards. You also reserve the right to list a default payment method and remove any cards that you no longer wish to include on your Abilect Account.
Refunds and Cancellations
- Abilect will collect the charged fees for a service from the customer when the customer pays the amount due on the invoice sent by the service provider.
- In order to receive the customer’s payment, you must have a valid and accepted payment method linked to your Abilect Account.
- Abilect takes a commission of 7% for services rendered. This is regulated by the third-party payment gateway company that we use on our platform.
- Should you have reason to believe that you have not received the full amount due to you from the services rendered to your customer, please contact us at email@example.com.
Regarding a declined credit card
- A refund for a customer’s completed booking will be made under the following circumstances:
- If Abilect believes that the customer has made a legitimate claim against the completion of service on the grounds of:
- Sub-par quality of work
- Damages inflicted on the property by the Service Provider
- Any other form of criminal conduct by the Service Provider against the client
- A refund for a customer’s booking may not be made under the following circumstances:
- If the customer deactivates his or her Account, any booking(s) will be automatically cancelled and any refund of charged and paid fees will depend upon our cancellation policy (see below).
- Abilect is not provided with information pertaining to why a customer’s credit card has been declined.
- A common reason for a declined card would be if any relevant information such as the credit card number, expiry date or CSC/CVV number is incorrectly inputted.
- If you have entered your information accurately but your credit card is still being decline, we would recommend that you contact your bank or credit card company for more information regarding your card. Please remember to provide them with the amount, booking number and date of the payment in order for them to process the transaction.
- Should this also fail, we suggest updating your payment methods.
- For any and all bookings, customers and service providers are required to make any cancellations or modifications to a confirmed booking 24 hours prior to the time stated in the booking in order to refund any charged and paid fees. Failure to do so will result in supplementary charges for the customer and no refund of charged and paid fees.
- In any and all transactions, Abilect only provides intermediary services for the customer and service provider in question. As Abilect does not independently sell the services of the service providers on the platform, Abilect is not liable nor legally required to participate in any disputes regarding payments. Such issues must be settled between the service provider and client. Abilect will provide the necessary data pertinent to the dispute if and when required by legal authorities.
Abilect apps coming soon!